FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE"Magnificent" - The Wall Street Journal
Coming to 4K Disc This Summer!
GAME OF THRONES:
All 10 Episodes of the Epic First Season
of Emmy and Golden Globe Winning Series
Arrive on 4K Ultra HD on June 5th
New York, N.Y., April 4, 2018 - Relive the warmer days and calmer nights of Westeros when Game of Thrones: Season 1
makes its highly-anticipated debut on 4K Ultra HD, optimized for Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range, on June 5th from HBO Home Entertainment. Heralded as an "HBO triumph" (Boston Globe
), Season 1
of the visually stunning fantasy epic, described as a "menacing, brutal and complex solid start" (The Guardian
), includes all 10 episodes beautifully redone in 4K format, to give fans the ultimate clarity and detail on HDR TVs.
A perfect gift for Father's Day, or way to kick off summer break, the 4K Ultra HD format for Game of Thrones: Season 1
comes with eye-catching key art featuring the iconic, all-powerful Iron Throne. With this release, fans and those new to the series alike can now catch more than 600 minutes of one of the most critically acclaimed first seasons of episodic television in striking clarity.
In addition to Season 1
episodes, fans can go beyond what started it all, with hours of gripping bonus features, from behind-the-scenes, making-of sequences, audio commentaries and much more.
Game of Thrones
continues to be the most successful franchise in HBO history, and remains the most awarded drama series in Emmy history, with 38 Emmys to date.
HD Bonus Features Include:
- Animated Histories: Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
- Anatomy of an Episode - an in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, "A Golden Crown."
- Cast Auditions: Watch rarely-seen footage of the cast auditioning for Game of Thrones
- Making Game of Thrones -an exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interviews from the cast and crew.
- Character Profiles - profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them.
- Creating the Show Open - an inside look at the creation of the Emmy-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones
- From the Book to the Screen - executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss along with author George R.R. Martin talk about the challenges of bringing Martin's epic fantasy novel to life on HBO.
- The Night's Watch - an in-depth look at the unique order of men who patrol and protect the Wall, a 700 foot ice structure that separates the Seven Kingdoms from the darkness beyond.
- Creating the Dothraki Language - an insightful glance into the comprehensive language created for the Dothraki people in Game of Thrones
- Audio Commentaries - Seven audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Mark Addy, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Bryan Cogman, Harry Lloyd, Daniel Minahan and Alan Taylor
- A Digital Download code for the ten-episode season in HD
*Please note: Bonus features will be in HD format.
About Game of Thrones: Season 1
In a land where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime, trouble is brewing. From the scheming south and the savage eastern lands, to the frozen north and the ancient Wall that protects the realm from the darkness beyond, powerful families are engaged in a deadly cat-and-mouse game for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. As betrayal, lust, intrigue and supernatural forces shake the four corners of the Kingdoms, their bloody struggle for the Iron Throne will have unforeseen and far-reaching consequences. Winter is coming. Let the Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones
series regulars for Season 1
include (in alphabetical order): Mark Addy as King Robert Baratheon, Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy, Sean Bean as Lord Eddard "Ned" Stark, Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Ser Jaime Lannister, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Michelle Fairley as Lady Catelyn Stark, Aidan Gillen as Petyr Baelish ("Littlefinger"), Jack Gleeson as Prince Joffrey Baratheon, Iain Glen as Ser Jorah Mormont, Kit Harington as Jon Snow, Lena Headey as Queen Cersei Lannister, Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran Stark, Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen, Richard Madden as Robb Stark, Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane ("The Hound"), Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark and Maisie Williams as Arya Stark. Season 1
of the series is executive produced by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss; co-executive producers, Carolyn Strauss, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis, Ralph Vicinanza and George R.R. Martin; producers, Mark Huffam and Frank Doelger; directors include Brian Kirk, Daniel Minahan, Alan Taylor and Tim Van Patten; writers include David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Bryan Cogman, Jane Espenson and George R.R. Martin.
Game of Thrones: Season 1
4K Ultra HD: June 5, 2018
Runtime: Approx. 600 minutes (not including extra features)
About HBO Home Entertainment
HBO Home Entertainment develops, distributes and markets an extensive array of critically-acclaimed and groundbreaking programs in three formats-Blu-rayTM, DVD, and Digital HD-throughout the world. Releases include the global hit Game of Thrones, the #1 selling TV on DVD/Blu-rayTM title in major territories throughout the world over the past four years, in addition to current hits and classic favorites including True Detective, Girls, The Sopranos, Sex and the City True Blood, The Wire and Entourage. The company's catalog contains hundreds of titles including multiple Emmy Award-winning mini-series The Pacific and Band of Brothers, which holds the record through 2014 as the all-time best selling TV on DVD/Blu-rayTM title in the US; provocative programs from HBO Documentary Films including The Jinx: The Life & Deaths of Robert Durst and The Case Against 8; innovative movies from HBO Films including Game Change and The Normal Heart; hit Cinemax original series including BansheeSM and Strike Back; and comedy specials featuring stand-up performers like Bill Maher and Billy Crystal. Launched in 1984, HBO Home Entertainment has offices in New York, London and Toronto. The company's releases are sold in more than 70 territories around the world and are digitally distributed on a transactional basis across an expanding number of territories and platforms.